Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 1 Again

Super short nap time practice. Mia woke up at 5, so my early practice didn't happen. I made it through about half of the fundamental asanas until Eevory woke up from her nap. I could tell right away that I'd lost some strength, but flexibility seems about the same. Hamstrings a little tight at first, but back to normal after a few sun salutations. Chaturanga seemed difficult throughout. We'll see how it feels on Sunday. I usually find the second practice after a break to be harder than the first.

2 comments:

  1. I find that any changes in my 'girly bits' tends to affect any positions that realy depend on core strength (like chataranga). I think it may to do with the pelvic floor, but I am still trying to figure out this body post-birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy. I can't even put those two words together in relation to my body yet. Do I have a core? Yep. Strength. Not so much. What is a precursor to strength?

    But, it'll happen. Yeah, pregnancy will mess a woman up. (That was more vulgar the first time I wrote it, but I edited myself.) I'm also still trying to navigate post-baby-body issues - both physical and psychological.

    ReplyDelete