Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 21: Yoke-less practice

My body felt heavy, especially compared to how I felt yesterday. Heavy, weak and exhausted. My teething baby slept little the night before my early morning practice and I wanted nothing more than to be sleeping. Eevory was also awake, but Tom was holding her so that I could practice.

Ong Namo Guro Dev Namo. I call upon you, my higher power, my Teacher, to guide me in my spiritual practice today. Sure, it's easy to work with the strong, flexible motivated student, but let's see how you handle this reluctant earth suit. Can you guide me in spite of this chattering mind?

I couldn't bind in Mari D, but I was indifferent. I approached each asana with equanimity. I emptied my mind and the infinite flowed through me. I became enlightened.

OK. Not really. But I tried. I really tried to yoke this tired old body to my higher purpose. There was too much bitching and moaning and not enough breath and bandhas. I hauled my tired butt through my asana practice anyway.

I'll be a better yogini tomorrow. After all...tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Guru would give you an A+++ for getting down to business in the best way you can. 99% preactice and all that....

    I seem to have lost the ability to do early morning practices. It is the best time since having a baby who likes to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammy! Now that I'm doing morning practices, I'm starting to prefer them. Congrats on having a baby who likes to sleep in. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete