Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 36: Squishy Yuck

I had to practice on carpet tonight. I hate practicing on carpet. I remember when my teacher moved her classes from the auditorium at a private school to a yoga chain we spent the first year or so practicing on carpet. She lost a lot of students when she moved, but gained a lot more eventually. At least my carpet doesn't smell like sweat and other people's feet.

I hate how squishy the carpet feels. I like the solid, hard wood floors in the living room, but Tom was in Mia's room trying to get her to sleep and Eevory woke up every time I tried to leave the room. I've read that babies sleep better when they hear the sound of their mother's breath. That's definitely true in my experience. We've been slowly transitioning Eevory out of our bed and into a crib next to our bed and last night she spent the whole night there. (She still woke up every two hours, but I moved her back to the crib each time) I think it helps that she can still hear my breath. The Ujjayi Pranayama did the trick. She slept through my entire practice.

Today was the first day that it didn't hurt to touch my burns. It still hurt when the skin stretched, but it meant that for the first time since I burned myself I could do Parivritta Parsvakonasana, Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana and Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana without modification, but I still modified in Marichyasana B and D.

No comments:

Post a Comment